We have been commanded to acquaint the next generation with both the acts and the words of God. When we blend our own hearts of faith and affection for God with the powerful stories of our great God of the Old Testament, and the testimony of the character and acts of Jesus, the Word of God will go forth with power and conviction. Little children can see and know the greatness of God. By showing children the heart of God through Old and New Testament stories, we have the privilege of being part of God’s work in their hearts to set their hope in Him.
“I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the LORD, and his might, and the wonders he has done. He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments…” PSALM 78:2-7 (ESV)
June 8th – Parent’s Night Out – 5:30pm-9:30pm
June 10th – Church Wide Cardboard Boat Race in Westfork – 4:00pm-8:00pm
June 24th-27th – PRESCHOOL VBS (at UBC for VBS in Community Volunteers)
July 16th-20th – Summer Music Camp
August 3rd – Parent’s Night Out – 5:30pm-9:30pm
August 22nd – Wednesday Night Activities Begin
September 7th – Parent’s Night Out – 5:30pm-9:30pm
October 19th – Parent’s Night Out – 5:30pm-9:30pm
October 31st – Community Fall Festival
November 9th – Parent’s Night Out – 5:30pm-9:30pm
December 7th – Parent’s Night Out – 5:30pm-9:30pm
December 24th – Christmas Eve Service
Sunday Morning Schedule
CHILDREN DESIRING GOD SUNDAY SCHOOL
9:00-10:15am (1st Floor Randall) Age-appropriate, chronological study of the stories of the bible focusing on life application and scripture memorization through a fun and active learning process.
REUNITE WITH YOUR FAMILY
10:15-10:30am Parents will pick up their children from the classrooms and move into the main sanctuary for Worship Service.
EXTENDED SESSION CARE is provided during the Worship Service for Infants through Kindergarten.
MISSION FRIENDS LEADERS NEEDED: The Wed. night program is set up on a rotation schedule and meeting weekly from August through May. It begins at 5:45 p.m. and ends at 7:15 p.m. The children will rotate into each area by age-groups (3’s, 4’s, and K.) Each leader could be leading their activity in three 15-20 minute sessions each evening.
Bible Story Leader
- There is a specific theme and missionary family for each month. The curriculum is written quarterly so there are three countries per quarter to be studied. A Bible story leader could choose to teach one month or one quarter or for the school year.
- 15-20 minute session for teaching the Bible story and sharing facts about specific missionary families and the country where they serve.
Craft/Activity Time Leaders
- Preparing and supervising a 15-20 minute session with a craft or special activity that emphasizes the theme in Bible Story or about the missionary family. It could be art, food, or special service project.
Game Time Leaders
- Preparing and leading games that emphasize the theme of the Bible Story and special games from the country where the missionary family serves as well as supervising free-play at the beginning and end of the program as parents drop-off and pick-up their children.
Music Time Leaders
- Preparing and leading an individual age-group (3’s, 4’s or K) in songs and music from the country where the missionary family serves and also preparing Christmas music during the Fall semester for the Children’s Christmas Concert in December and then additional music for the Children’s Spring Music Concert in May. A songbook is provided with the curriculum but other music will have to be chosen as well. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE FORMAL MUSIC EDUCATION OR BACKGROUND. We have been blessed by many in our music ministry leading our preschool music time but we also have been blessed by many who just have a passion to help develop hearts of praise and worship in preschoolers. The Mission Friends leadership training will equip you with all you need to lead this music time whether you have music background or not.
If you would like to discuss one of these positions, please contact Marlys Bitner, Mission Friends director at 501-230-0550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.